Individual Counseling can help you:
- Feel better and more energized
- Improve problem solving
- Help you be happier
- Enjoy your life and relationship more
- Manage stress better
- Have less difficulties at work
- Enhance your relationships
- Move past old traumas and issues
- Improve physical health too!
Does your life look pretty good on the outside? And yet, you just aren’t happy? This is not uncommon. Stress, anxiety and relationship issues can hit even the most secure people at times. And when you feel like this, all you want is to feel better.
Have you found yourself saying or thinking any of these things lately:
- I cannot believe that *#&* did that to me!
- If only he (she) would ….
- How do I get him/her to do more (fill in your blank) and less (fill in your blank)?
- Why is this happening?
- How do I get out of this (relationship, job, situation)?
- I am a great catch – so why am I still single?
- I am so tired of feeling like this.
If so, you are not alone. And we want you to know that there is hope and help.
You see, in our experience, most problems in life come from one (or more) of these three areas:
1. Things that happen to us…things we wish had NEVER happened.
These are often the most painful. If left unattended, the feelings can fester and impact all areas of your life. We’ve found that with attention, support, a plan, (and yes, time) you can feel better. This is hard to do by yourself so make sure you reach out. If not to us, then to someone. Please.
2. Things that hurt because of the way we think about them.
How we see things (good or bad) comes from our unique history and our personality. This is where having an unbiased third party – such as a therapist or other advisor can be so beneficial. As you step back and see things from multiple perspectives, the pain often lessens. Life feels easier. You feel like you have more options – and that feels good.
3. Things that get better quickly when we change what we are DOING about them. (We call this ‘zig when you used to zag.’)
In the south, there is an expression: “Stop gnawing on what is eatin’ ya.” Easier said than done, right? We know.
But what if you could create new routines…new ways of approaching the situations that cause you stress…Imagine what life would be like then? You may feel more in control of your life. You may feel more energetic, more confident, and well…happier.
Regardless of what types of issues you may be struggling with, we want to help. In fact, that is why we are here. You want to feel better and we want you to.